Made in Cornwall
The Best of the Duchy of Cornwall
Every county has a number of artisan producers and specialist products which are unique to the area but Cornwall has the advantage of a fantastic natural larder on its doorstep with the abundant rural landscape and rolling ocean surrounding it.
A tradition of art and entrepreneurship is also rife in the Duchy and a heavy dose of encouragement and investment means there’s an enviable list of things that are made in Cornwall.
Places to buy and sample Cornish Food and Drink
If you’d like to sample or buy something deliciously Cornish then there are a number of places you can look out for whilst on holiday.
Callestick Farm Cornish Dairy Ice Cream
Watch 26 flavours of ice cream being made from fresh milk and Cornish clotted cream. Callestick, Truro.
Camel Valley Vineyard
Award winning Cornish wines, tours available. Camel Valley Ltd, Nanstallon, Bodmin.
Award winning pasties and breads. 3 The Strand, Padstow.
Fresh from the Sea
Sustainably caught lobster, crab and fish. 18 New Road, Port Isaac.
Halzephron Herb Farm Shops
Handmade sauces, chutneys, marinades, mayonnaise, dips and dressings. Shops located in Falmouth, Truro, St Ives and The Lizard Peninsula.
Kittow of Fowey
Butchers and deli based in Fowey.
Cornish wine and cider makers offering tours of the vineyards at Rosehill Meadow, Penzance. Shop on site.
Freshly baked pasties, savouries and cakes. Shops in Portreath and Lanner or buy online.
Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream
A range of dairy produce with an on site shop. AE Rodda & Son, The Creamery, Scorrier, Redruth.
Rowe’s Cornish Bakers
A Cornish family bakery with sweet and savoury treats available in shops around Cornwall.
St Austell Brewery
Beer and real ales brewed in Cornwall since 1851 with Tribute, Proper Job, Smugglers, Admiral’s Ale, Clouded Yellow, HSD, Dartmoor Best, Trelawny and Korev amongst the favourites. Tours available.
The Thirstea Co
Travelling tea room selling freshly baked homemade cakes and cream teas.
Tregothnan Estate Truro
Fine English tea producers as well as Manuka honey, Kea plum jam and herbal teas.
Treleavans Ice Cream
Over 90 flavours of award winning sorbets and hand made ice cream. Looe.
Look out for the hand made chocolates in retailers across Cornwall or visit The Chocolate Factory and Craft Centre on the road to Mullion Cove.
Trevilley Farm Produce Boxes delivered to your apartment or holiday cottage for a real taste of Cornwall!
Cornwall companies to look out for in the shops and markets
Cornish produce is actively supported in the Duchy, so look out for some of these names whilst on holiday,
or why not take back a truly Cornish holiday memento?
You’ll also find some of these products nationwide.
- Brian Etherington Meat Company Limited – Locally reared lamb, pork, beef, chicken, game and turkey. Based in Redruth, the company can be seen at various food fairs.
- Cornish Cheese Co – Award winning Cornish blue cheese.
- Cornish Chicken – Free range Cornish chicken.
- Cornish food box – Company Food boxes made up from Cornish produce.
- Cornish Gin Distillery – Cornish spring water distilled in a traditional copper pot.
- Cornish Meadow Preserves – Traditionally made preserves and mustard.
- Cornish Orchards – Pressed apple, elderflower and lemonade juices and cider made in a traditional way.
- Cornish Pizza Company – Fresh pizzas made daily with a variety of interesting flavours and names!
- Cornish Premier Pasties – Traditional and speciality Cornish pasties.
- Cornish Sea salt – Hand harvested sea salt from the Lizard Peninsula.
- Cornwall Food – Traditional dishes, soups sandwiches and cakes made from locally sourced ingredients.
- Crantock Bakery – Traditional pasties, pies and sweet treats.
- Deli Farm Charcuterie – Award winning air dried meats.
- Furniss – Delicious Cornish biscuits.
- Get Fruity – Health Food Bars.
- Grumpies – Hand made savoury pies.
- Harbour Brewing Co – Contemporary beers made from locally sourced ingredients.
- Haye Farm Cider – Hand crafted cider using a traditional 13th century method.
- Hubble Jams – Chutneys, marmalades and curds made over an aga in a traditional way.
- Just Water Ltd – Still and sparkling bottled water sourced from Bodmin.
- Keltek Brewery – Producers of the King 5.1% Magik 4% Golden Lance 4% and Even Keel 3.4% beers.
- Kernow Chocolate – 21 flavours of chocolate.
- Kernow Sausages – Award winning sausages.
- Lynher Dairies – Producers of a semi hard traditional Cornish Yarg cheese.
- Nancarrow Farm – Traditional Cornish organic meats.
- Ninemaidens Mead – Finest honey from their own hives and local products go in to this traditional mead.
- Penpont Brewery – Cornish cask and bottled ale.
- Posh Pasty Co – TV chef and personality James Strawbridge and his wife Holly’s gourmet pasties, chutney’s, relishes and sauces.
- Proper Cornish – Traditional handmade Cornish pasties.
- Sharp’s Brewery – Producers of the famous Doom Bar and other award cask beers.
- Simply Cornish – Traditional bakery products including pasties, saffron cakes and shortbreads.
- Simply Oils – Produced from rapeseed grown on the north Cornish coast.
- Skinner’s Brewery – Brewers of ales and lager in Truro, including the famous Betty Stoggs.
- Southwestern Distillery Limited – An independent family producer of Tarquin’s Gin and Cornish Pasties.
- Made for Life Organics – 100% organic skin and body care.
- St Ewe Free Range Eggs – Eggs from happy hens in Truro.
- St Ives Cider – Hand crafted artisan ciders.
- Trewithen Dairy supply milk and dairy produce across Cornwall and beyond.