Frequently Asked Questions – Self-Catering
Most Popular Questions Asked
1. Which properties accept dogs?
2. What are your check-in and check-out times?
Check-in usually from 5pm and check-out by 9:30am.
3. Are you open all year?
4. Can I learn to surf?
Yes. We also offer surfing breaks in Cornwall.
5. What is the weather like in Cornwall
We can’t guarantee sunshine every day, but you can check the weather forecast; day by day or longer.
6. What is the food like in Cornwall?
Delicious! There are many wonderful restaurants in Cornwall, catering to all tastes.
7. Can I use the pool even if I’m not staying at Porth Veor?
All self-catering guests at any of our accommodations are welcome to use the amenities at Porth – swimming pool, bar and restaurant. For guests not staying at Porth Veor, we just ask that you to report to reception on arrival. Also, please bring your own beach towels.
8. Do you have any disabled friendly accommodation?
9. Can you recommend any visitor attractions?
There are lots of attractions in Cornwall. We’ve listed some of the most popular attractions on our Things to Do page.
10. What are the closest beaches to each property?
- Porth Veor Manor Villas & Apts (183m / 200 yds via private pathway)
- Porth Cottage & Annexe, Pilgrim Cottage (91m / 100 yds)
- The Beach House and Porth Sands (27m / 30 yds)
- Beachcombers Apartments (183m / 200 yds)
- Waves Apts (91m / 100 yds)
- Tregurrian Villas (91m / 100 yds)
- Mawgan Porth Apts (300m / 328 yds)
- White Lodge Apts (183m / 200 yds)
Harlyn Bay & Constantine Bay:
- Bay Retreat Villas (approx. 1.9 miles / 3km)
- Juliots Well (approx. 3.7 miles / 6km)
- Green Acres Cottages (approx. 3.7 miles / 6km)
11. How can you have a 6-person capacity in a 2-bedroom accommodation?
Unless otherwise stated, our 2-bedroom accommodation consists of 1 twin, 1 double and a double sofa bed in the lounge – please refer to individual accommodation for full details.